Golden Lamb Hotel Review, Lebanon, Ohio



When I travel, I try to stay at either old historical hotels, B&B's, or Boutique hotels that are out-of-the-way places that don't normally get recognized. When I traveled through Ohio a number of years ago, I  stumbled upon the Golden Lamb Hotel in Lebanon, Ohio. One of the main things I loved about this hotel was its political history of hosting 12 presidents and literary notables such as Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Alex Haley, and many more. As a writer and political consultant, I found this mix of guests very interesting.

I also like to challenge the restaurant staff, especially the chef. when I travel. As a gourmet cook, my challenge is always to see if the chef is willing to go off-menu for their guests. That's why I pop in when it's not busy and determine if a restaurant is worthy of a review by checking out their menu and when all is said and done ask if the chef would make me something special like a Mozzarella Caprese salad and a french dip sandwich with extra crispy french fries and au jus gravy. If the waitress comes back shaking her head, I know the chef is not a real chef, but a line cook with a huge ego. If she comes back with the chef in tow with a toothy smile, and my food order, I know I'm in a fine dining restaurant worthy of reviewing. If not I'm in a restaurant with a uppety chef who is more interested in their ego than with their guests' food happiness. I can definitely report that the chef at the Golden Lamb loved my challenge and brought out my order personally with a broad smile. I highly recommend this hotel for your traveling requirements because the rooms are spacious, comfy, and very clean. The hotel staff is superb, friendly, and very helpful. Plus unlike many hotel staff, the staff at the Golden Lamb are knowledgeable about the history of the hotel and the area and willing to talk to you about both. Love staff that is knowledgeable about their property and their surroundings. Makes for a more pleasant stay. Oh and the food was out of this world.  






Although there are smaller restaurants located in the area, I highly recommend The Golden Lamb Restaurant because it's located inside the hotel itself, plus it's a great place to relax and enjoy a wonderful meal. If you decide to stay overnight, you will not be disappointed either. By the way, it's also haunted too which makes it even more exciting. Love a good haunted hotel, don't you?

Another great aspect of the Golden Lamb hotel is its switchboard system. It is an old-fashioned PBX telephone system switchboard that is circa 1920s. 

You get to see a golden find like this in every hotel. Again I highly recommend this hotel for its history, its ambiance, its delicious food, and wonderful staff. Worth every penny you will spend. For this traveler, I give it 5 stars. 

Author Elizabeth Kilbride is a former political operative, author, scriptwriter, historian, journalist. business professional, and creative artist, and life coach consultant. Ms. Kilbride holds a Masters in Criminology and a BS in Business Management who stepped out of the loop for a while, but who is now back with a powerful opinion and voice in the direction of this country and our economy. As a life coach, she is available to counsel individuals to enjoy their dreams and a better life. Ms. Kilbride is also a gourmet cook who loves to garden and preserve food for the winter months. 

Comments